How can I unlink my phone number from Google Voice?
Step by Step Method to Unlink Phone Number from Google Voice
You can incredibly make low-cost calls through google voice. This service also includes features like voicemail with indexable automated voicemail transcription, accessible through a web browser, e-mail, or phone. Despite all such facilities, there are times when people want to unlink their phone number from Google voice. Hence to get a step-by-step guide to unlink your phone number from Google voice, follow the below-mentioned steps.
How do I unlink my number from Google voice?
- To unlink number from google voice open google voice through internet browser on your laptop or mobile.
- Sign in through the same google account you used to register your number. Make sure that you have your number with you.
- The system will direct to a new page. From the top right corner of the visible screen, click on the Settings option.
- From the left side of the page, click on account.
- Open the Google voice number section and select the number you want to delete. There might be more than one number available, so choose your number correctly that you want to delete.
- Click on delete and follow the on-screen process to confirm the procedure. Your number will be deleted from the Google voice.
Before you unlink your phone number from Google voice, make sure to port your number to your google voice account. You may not be allowed to port your mobile number to a Google Voice account managed by any organization like school or workplace. If you want to know how to port your number to Goggle voice, continue reading the below-written steps.
How to port my number?
- Before you begin to port your number, find your billing account information from the current service provider. You would need information such as your account number and pin to complete your port request.
- Through the internet browser, firstly open the Google Voice application.
- You'll find a menu option at the top left of the screen. Once you visit the menu section, click on Legacy google voice. The page may look different but continue the process as guided.
- From the top right corner of the screen, click on the Settings option.
- Again, press the "phone" tab from the listed options visible on the screen.
- Click on the change/port option present beside your current phone number.
- Follow the on-screen process and instructions after clicking on 'I want to use my mobile number' present on the screen.
- Google Voice may ask you for some permissions, like getting calls and clicking on 'set up phones to receive calls.
- People can also check the status of their number porting to Google's voice account. However, it may take 48 to 96 hours to port the mobile number.
The methods explained above can surely help you to know how can I unlink my phone number from Google Voice and port the mobile number. But in case if you find any trouble completing the above methods, you can contact or register your issue to the support team of Google. People can either fill a Google voice community help forum for more help or contact through the helpline numbers and services.
Disclaimer: Ebiztown is providing information about different industries through blog or articles. People can also add questions and answers through Ebiztown.com. Ebiztown has no connection with any brand, Brand name used in content is only for information purpose. If you have found any issues with ebiztown do mail at email@example.com.